Monday, May 20, 2013

meal planning monday


What a wonderful weekend. Filled with five fabulous films that all made some kind of impact on my life - I've hit this week with a fresh sense of optimism and joy. And plans! Many, many plans. Speaking of which, here's a meal plan:

Monday: my netball training for my 10-year-olds (who, just quietly are on top of the ladder and doing AWESOME!) so I'll make a green chicken curry and serve it with rice and steamed green veg so it's ready for when my gal returns from ballet.

Tuesday: my gal's netball training. They need a bit more oomph, so I'm going down to do a bit of one-on-one training to help out the coach. When we get home we'll have pork schnitzel pan fried with pancetta, steamed green beans and roasted cubes of potatoes.

Wednesday: Burlesque for me tonight. Last week I made a really tasty spaghetti with chicken meatballs - I'll make it again. Really simple: chicken mince, grated onion, lemon zest and fresh thyme combined with an egg and panko breadcrumbs and seasoned. Then I made them into balls and baked till golden. I tossed orichette pasta with a jar of tomato-based pasta sauce with a couple of tablespoons of pesto, then stirred the meatballs through. Simply delish! Great served with a side salad.

Thursday: Baked salmon and salad.

Friday: How about some steak and salad tonight?

Saturday: I can't believe we don't have anything on. Hopefully that means we can get a few things done around the house. I'd love to get some gardening done, and a spot of painting in a few rooms. For dinner? Beef and guinness stew made into pot pies served with salad.

Sunday: Roast chicken and roasted veg.

Yep. That's it. You?

image: kitchen from housetohome.co.uk - how much does that pop of red in the kitchen sing? Love.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet!I should think about what i gonna eat EVERY DAY!alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual gourmet delights. You are wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x