Tuesday, May 28, 2013

high time for high tea


I do love a high tea. There's something so delightfully decadent about them. So, when I was invited to share the new High Tea experience at Anchorage Port Stephens, I cleared my calendar. And oh, I am so glad I did.


The room was glorious, and styled beautifully with delightful flowers in lovely vintage jars and vases styled by The Wedding Designer. And while the skies were grey last Friday, the view over the marina was just ever-so-pretty. What a gorgeous spot.


There are two options for High Tea, traditional - or with champagne. You know me, so you know which option I chose. Hello Piper Heidsieck.

Well, hello.

If you've never been one for Piper you'll be pleased to know it's undergone a reinvention - with smaller yields and longer cellaring - and the result is delicious. A full, slightly smokey champagne taste, with the most delightful little bubbles. I was also thrilled when the champagne was poured into a vintage-style bowl - rather than flute. And imagine how pleased I was when the man from Piper, Andrew Coorey, said that this was the best way to appreciate the flavour of a champagne and let it breathe after being cellared for so many years.

True.


Look at the pretty teacups! Each table had a different, utterly glorious setting - way to make a gal feel spoiled and treated!


Decisions, decisions.

The tea is also bespoke, with an amazing range from Madame Flavour. We tried the Sultry Chai and Green, Jasmine and Pear. So light and delicate.


The menu was divine.  From savoury - OhEmGee pork, apple and sage roll with caramelised onion and roast pumpkin and feta tart!


To the sweetest red velvet cupcakes with persian floss!


Oh hai little strawberry tart!


A Lindt chocolate, hazelnut and raspberry brownie? Oh, if you insist.

All of these treats are freshly made by the very talented chefs on site. They do goooooood!

My verdict?


Divine.

I'll be going back again. At $40 per head, or $60 with the champagne option it's the perfect treat for a girls-day-out. There's more than enough food to make a meal of it, goodness, our table couldn't finish our treats! And with only 40 seated in a room it's an intimate venue that's just perfect for the occasion.

High Tea is available at Anchorage Port Stephens on Wednesday and Sundays or you can make a group booking outside this time (hello perfect hen's do or 21st, 40th, or ANY birthday) Go here to find out more.

Oh, and skip breakfast so you don't have to skip any of these treats!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So very much yum - and just a wee drive from Newy - perfect for a sunday treat!

      Delete
  2. Looks divine indeed! I think we need a ladies who lunch special visit up there, surely someone has a birthday or something coming up!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum. I haven't had high tea in such a long time. Now I'm thinking about suggesting it for a girls day out with some friends soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x