Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the perfect to-do list


So, I was having a coffee with a friend this morning {not in this photo here, this is on Friday at Good Brother - I just forgot to photograph my coffee this morning...} and we were discussing our search for the ultimate To-Do List.

You know the one?

The one that categorises everything perfectly, keeps you on track, oh, and preferably helps you expand time so you can get everything done.

I've spent far too much time on Pinterest looking for "IT".

I have spent far too much money at Kikki K hoping that I've found "IT".

Apps? I have a few.

Online programs? Yep.

Excel spreadsheets. Erk, but yes.

Really, you know what the perfect to-do list is? Just doing it.

Yep, writing it down, ticking it off and just doing it.

So I did.

And I feel much better now.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I have tried all sorts of things at work, mostly electronic, but I need something in my view at all times! That way I don't miss anything. So I have returned to big A4 notepad and pen. At the end of each week (or the beginning if I didn't get time) I draw up what I need to or want to achieve for the week ahead and simply cross off as I do it. I am not forgetting as much, getting more done (because it is there right in front of me...mocking me!) and feel a better sense of achievement. I can groups things as I want by subjects, types of work or even days/times, coupled with an old fashioned diary (that you also write in) I am on top of things. It's been a couple of months but I cannot recommend it enough. I still use electronics for other things, more detail etc, but for basic TO DO, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that the old fashioned write it down on a pad & have it in view is best. The sense of satisfaction as you cross off is great.

    I'm struggling with the three calendar thing atm, phone calendar, wall calendar at home and work diary, trying to get them all to match-up means I am a bit all over the place. Since Missy started school and has a social life I have to write her stuff on family wall calendar so we can track it...eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for a list. I like writing one as much as I like ticking things off it. I have different lists for different things (garden/things to buy at Bunnings/keep an eye out for in the op shop/etc) and sometimes those lists refer to one another. I have one diary that I keep appointments and deadlines in, and I write a daily to do list for each day. I like the idea of a notebook app but I think it would do my head in..and clearly that is already done in enough!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live by lists, my brain seems to enjoy wandering off about ten steps ahead of myself so I am very good at forgetting what I was actually doing now....so scatterbrained!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x