Thursday, February 16, 2012

favourite love story


I just LOVE a good love story. LOVE IT. Given a choice of movies I will always choose something that makes my heart sing. Now, I may have given you a bit of a hint with the image above - but oh, The Notebook. Yes please.

Others?


I do not think I've ever cried so much in a montage as I did in this one in Up. Damn, beautiful, and damn, sad. But lovely. Just lovely. {Oops, getting teary}


What? Shut up - I love this movie. "Whoopsie daisies". How cute is Hugh? Cute. But it's not just them I love - it's all the peripheral love stories. The man who carries his wife upstairs? Gorgeous. Kooky sister and kookier flatmate? Gorgeous.


A classic {and whoops, yes, Hugh Grant does seem to feature again...}

And so, so many more.

This is part of day 15 of the Love 29 Days challenge. Tell me, what's your fave love story?

11 comments:

  1. I adore that montage in Up! It turns me into a big, blubbering mess every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just beautiful Sarah - and so very, very sad. Had to explain to my daughter (between wracking sobs) why is was so sad.

      Delete
  2. Mine? Gone With the Wind. Splendour in the Grass and Grease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some Kind of Wonderful. I wanted to be Watts so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden oldie....Doctor Zhivago.....blubber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh its just got to be Pride & Predj - the BBC Version with Colin Firth & Jennifer Ehle! Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, the ultimate Mr Darcy - white shirt, water, le sigh...

      Delete
  6. OMG, I can't watch Up. I'm left a blubbing wreck. In fact I'm starting to well up now just thinking about it. I'm going to blame my pregnancy hormones.
    Oh and I love the husband and wife in Notting Hill. Oh dear getting tery again.
    Sniffle.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x