Tuesday, November 16, 2010

make a new plan, stan

Are you a planner or do you prefer spontaneity? I used to adore being spontaneous, until I realised it also meant disorganised, messy, stressed and unreliable {for me}. So over the years I've established a series of plans to help me try to streamline my life.

My favourite is my weekly meal-planning. Honestly, spending five minutes a week planning what I'm going to cook {probably took me 30 minutes when I started, but it gets easier over time} saves me so much time, stress and energy - and helps us eat healthier.

My Christmas Card list will be a saviour this busy festive season. It's simply a word document with all the names and addresses of everyone I send cards to. Each year I update any details as they come to hand {new babies, change of address} and if I don't receive a card in return, and I'm merely sending them out of obligation - I drop them off the list.

I also make up a master list of gifts: who we're buying for, and options to buy, and where. You know I hate shopping, so this means I can dash in, go to two or three shops and knock over all the shopping in one session. Sweet.

What plans to have set in place to make life easier?

5 comments:

  1. Ah coming on here and stealing smart ideas from you! Great ideas. I still think your going on holidays checklist is the BEST thing I have ever heard of! I am yet to implement, but plan on doing so. Thanks for some more GREAT ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband got me onto this, (the food list)and now I love it 'cos it saves money too and stops me from getting boring with meals. When you write down spaghetti bol every week; you realise that you need to mix it up a bit. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very organised and love my lists. Especially at this time of year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to be a planner. I have just started lists and I am addicted!! X

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x