Sunday, November 28, 2010

cake off

Here's the cake my niece decorated her Friday night for her son's birthday party yesterday - isn't it awesome? She had the icing topper made up in the US, and made a mudcake which was then covered in fondant icing dyed blue. Then check out all the amazing shells and seaweed she made out of coloured fondant using only chopsticks as a tool. Cool huh? The 'sand' is sugar coloured with food colouring, there are a few Guylian seashells around the base - and those cute little sugar fishy lollies. I can't believe that this was her first cake.

I only supplied the house, the KitchenAid, the oven, the colours and the cheer-squadding - she did all the amazing decorating herself and I think she did a fabulous job. He had quite the party yesterday!

8 comments:

  1. That is such a great cake. Well doen to your niece. I hope her boy loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabbo! A cake to remember. Clever niece. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cake! How is she going to top this next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just an amazing cake. What a clever girl. I love the little shells and things she made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, i was wondering what the sand was, just so much fun. Children still love Nemo then?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very 'Ace of Cakes'. Seems like such a shame to cut it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo! {as Daisy would sing at the top of her voice!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING!

    I wish someone would just supply me the kitchen Aid, is that the tool I need to get this kind of master piece?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x