Wednesday, October 28, 2009

party planning

I have a tendency to get a wee bit overexcited at the thought of events. I remember when I was growing up I was so peeved that we didn't have Halloween in Australia - seriously, what a cool idea. Now, oh yes now, Australia's cottoning on.

Stores are filled with costumes, creepy lollies {such as squishy eyeballs, and body parts!} and decorations litter the aisles of Coles.

I've yet to properly sort my costume. I had a dream the other night that I was getting ready for the party and had forgotten to buy the snakes to weave through my hair - and without the snakes, well, Medusa's just, me...

So I guess I'd best head off to Spotlight today to stock up on snakes, or at least buy some pairs of black pantihose and red sequins for eyes...

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I agree! I spent my early years OS and loved Halloween. I was really sad when I returned to Oz and would knock on doors trick-or- treating and get blank stares. Happily Lil is old enough this year to do some Halloween things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friend who's hosting the party lives in a cul de sac and does a letterbox drop to remind her neighbours that there'll be loads of kids expecting lollies. Should be fun.
    Hope your wee lass has a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x