Wednesday, October 07, 2009

my new obsession

I loved this movie. Loved, loved, loved, loved it. I laughed out loud - plenty of times - and I'm not a loud laugher... I also had tears in my eyes. Fell in love with my husband all over again after this beautiful, beautiful depiction of a fabulous marriage and am inspired to cook up a month of French feasts.

I went with two great gal pals, and seriously, if one of them had said, "Do you want to see it again?" I would have walked straight back into the cinema.

Meryl is brilliant. How anyone could not fall in love with her characterisation of the amazing Julia Child is beyond me. My new mantra is "What Would Julia Do?" I believe that the phrase Joie de Vivre was invented for her. And Stanley Tucci? Oh, I'm in love...

Dinner tonight is Julia's Boef Bourginon, my dear friend found the recipe on-line after being inspired last night. Apparently the secret is to dry the beef before you throw it in the butter so it browns. Julia says.

Please go and see this film if you
a: love food
b: love romance
c: love France
Or, like me, all of the above...

2 comments:

  1. Done! Will do next week in one of my Daisy free days. Saw Mao's last dancer yesterday which I enjoyed (slightly baised as Rob's step mum was the line producer on it though). And if I still have time before babe arrives I think September issue too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I MUST see September Issue - and the Valentino film too. Mao's last dancer looks pretty tear-inducing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x