Monday, August 24, 2009

busy, busy, busy

This week is going to be one of my busiest this year, so to ensure I don't have a breakdown - I've broken down my week.

Last night I sat down, worked out everything I had to do, what I needed to do to complete each task, and exactly how long I expected each aspect should take {allowing the usual time for people not getting back to me, stuff popping up, etc}.

So now I've got a time-line for each day this week, broken down into hours or part thereof for each task. I've just written it up in a word document on my computer - in a pretty handwriting font and gorgeous colours. On the computer it's flexible. If something crops up, I can shuffle things around. I know how long everything should take, and have allowed enough time, so now I'm not stressed.

I know I've got plenty to do - but I know it's achievable. I can't wait to write the first - done - next to one of my tasks.

So now I'm going to grab a coffee and get started. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Lady, you totally rock. I need to learn a few lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gotta be done! Being a freelancer, if I don't do the work, I don't get paid - and I hate to turn down work!! So being organised is the only way I can cope. Believe me, at uni I was the ultimate in disorganisation, it's taken pig-headed determination to get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally do a post on looking for freelance work- yips and suggestions. I've beenresearching it more and more and think I really would like to try it out to get the ball rolling on paid writing while I do the whole nursing thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x