Friday, August 15, 2008

toe and fro

Pedicures are the best. While I can't be bothered with manicures (I'd much rather do it myself), I do like a bit of pedi action. However, why is it that despite the wide range of colours salons seem to offer, I can rarely find anything to suit my exacting standards? I had a pedi today and wanted either a bright neon orange or pale sky blue to decorate my toes. Do you think they had those? Non. Merely an orange that was really a red in disguise, and a navy. So I eventually chose a pretty pale green, which I'm kinda digging and think I might need to track down. It's an O.P.I shade and quite puts me in a spring frame of mind. Now I need to change my deep, dark fingernails to suit. Chanel English Rose springs to mind as the perfect foil...

5 comments:

  1. I've got Essie's Fiji on my toes and Sugar Daddy on my fingers this week. Last week it was Essie's Big Spender and OPI's Italian Love Affair on toes and fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to look into this Sugar Daddy - loving the name makes me even more fond of a colour. You've got me coveting a few reading your blog. And Italian Love Affair... well, having just sent my mind wandering back to Venice, that sounds perfect. Adoring your inspiration Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essie's Sugar Daddy is oe of my absolute fave's its the most perfect sheer pale neutral pink- it makes ones nails look uber-sophisticates. I also love OPI's Hawaiian Orchid or Essie's Mademoiselle for fingers. If I do red on my toes it's usually OPI's "Im not really a waitress"- a perfect classic red, or Dutch Tulips- a pinky-red. However, 90% of the time I stick to any of the pinks in my cabinet's rainbow array of pinks for fingers and toes. Sugar Daddy is only $7 by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check and see if they sell Essie in Aus. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if they don't sell Essie there- you can purchase easily from Amazon or Sephora- if that doesnt work let me know and I may send you a care package lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x