Monday, August 25, 2008

simply speaking

Friends asked on the weekend what my daughter thought when I told her we were no longer vegetarian... here's an example. I asked my eight-year-old what she wanted for dinner tonight and her answer was "beef". Of course, I needed her to elaborate and her response? Beef Bourginon... obviously the result of a francophile mother who also loves a bit of red meat. 

Now, it's 4.15pm so a wee bit late to be starting beef in burgundy, so I'll be roasting up a slab of beef, serving it with cubes of potatoes oven roasted with a little duck fat, some corn on the cob and green beans. Um, yes, roll on the lighter meals of spring!

1 comment:

  1. I have a ton of left over marinated steak from the other nite so I sliced it up, rewarmed it with a quick saute, tossed it on some sourdough rolls with some some dijon, some swiss cheese, and some arugula and called it a day. It was yummy with a tomato and cucumber salad! Of, and the new RArgentinian Rioja my friend Shan gifted me. Slurps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x