Sunday, August 17, 2008

punctuation marks

Having always been a flitter, and sometimes a quitter, I realised that one thing I really need to do is concentrate on one task at a time, complete it, and move on. It was this middle bit that got me. See, I'd concentrate on a task, do a bit of it, then move on. Silly. 

So instead, I've decided to punctuate my tasks. I start off Grandly (with a big capital letter) on the hardest part of the task, force myself to finish it, then punctuate it with a full stop. For example, when I'm cleaning that full stop is a spritz of lovely-smelling room spray to make my completely tidy room smell of Vanilla Bean (Bloom Room Spray - yummy) or Lavender (Trelivings - mmmmm). It's helping. Like a child tempted with the thought of ice cream after the brussell sprouts, a swish smelling room entices me to complete a task.

So now I'm off to make my bed, with my lavender-scented sheets and when it's done - spritz - a double-whammy of lavender bliss to ensure sweet dreams. Zzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x