Thursday, August 14, 2008

making me happy today

* the blue, blue sky
* teeny little lamingtons with a cup of tea
* the stocks and sweet peas my hubby and daughter bought for my birthday. Still blooming in a riot of shades of mauve, violet and lavender - perfect against the Laduree green of our living room walls
* watching the landscapers lug our huge sandstone blocks from the old retaining wall and knowing that we can reuse them in our new drystone wall
* the soundtrack to Mamma Mia helping me revisit the joy of the film
* deciding to make quiche and a salad for dinner
* all the new shoots on my roses - so rich and plentiful
* comments from new blog friends

2 comments:

  1. I just wrote up my happiness list for the week today too- I love that Sarah's pop project has inspired us to do happiness lists regularly- it really does brighten my entire attitude. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's like a lovely variation on counting your blessings. I checked out your list (just need to work out how to comment on MySpace!) and found myself nodding in agreement all the way through!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x