Wednesday, April 10, 2013

yes, perhaps i will...


Well, my heart's a little sad today. Last night Newcastle City Council voted 7 - 6 to halt work on the Newcastle Art Gallery. But there's a glimmer of hope in a motion that was put forward first. A working committee will be formed and they will lobby the state government for the $7million that we need. Newcastle asks for, and receives, so very little. I hope we can get this.

On a brighter note I'm taking my parents into the Art Gallery today to see the magnificent Macquarie Chest exhibition. The best thing that we can do as a community is show our council that we DO use this facility and DO need it expanded.

Meanwhile, how fabulous is this image and words. It was on the fabulous Cooks Hill Books and Records facebook page last night and made me feel better immediately.

Oh, and after the Art Gallery I'm taking my parents to my favourite place - the breakwall out behind Nobbys. Yep, that'll make me feel MUCH better.

8 comments:

  1. That's SUCH a shame, PPMJ. I hope it goes ahead.

    Loved your wrap up on the Newcastle Writers' Festival too. Such a top weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, but it's onwards and upwards. It's just a bump in the road. We won't let it stop us xx

      Delete
  2. oh boo! how frustrating and close!
    fingers crossed they get the funding they need!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sad right along with you PPMJ. Another bloody committee!!! Let's hope though that something good comes from their ponderings and the State Government can help out.
    Hope your folks enjoy the Art Gallery and sharing your favourite place with you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating Mimsie, but hopefully they'll work out a way to come together for the community. The Art Gallery was fabulous, there are some incredible exhibitions on at the moment.

      Delete
  4. Oh that is sad, I'm so very sorry and I do hope that there is a positive outcome down the track. I love that quote, absolutely perfect, I long for the days where I used to lie on my couch and not move til my book was done. Ahhhh kids, I love them to pieces but there are some pre kid rituals that I definitely do miss.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x