Monday, April 29, 2013

meal planning monday


Goodness, it's already Monday. I swear my meal planning went out the window last week. I tried, but life conspired against me. I still have two lamb shanks in the fridge as I didn't make the soup I'd planned last week. I had no days when I was free to start cooking at 3pm. So that's today's meal. Oh, see that steak, frites and bernaise? Plat du jour at Le Petit Deux last friday with my friend C. That amazing meal and a glass of wine. Divine.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: Lamb and chickpea soup. Really.

Tuesday: we have a funeral to attend. Sadly my husband lost his brother last week and we're laying him to rest tomorrow. It was a life cut short way too soon. We'll stay with his parents and family after the funeral and organise some dinner up there.

Wednesday: spaghetti and meatballs. I'd like to get back into burlesque classes again, so it's back to pasta on that night.

Thursday: poached chicken breasts in a vietnamese style salad.

Friday: salmon on the bbq with salad.

Saturday: it's my hubby's birthday - so we're headed out to Restaurant Mason for dinner. Hurrah.

Sunday: I have bookclub this afternoon, so I'll need something I can whip up quickly when I get home. Prawns and chorizo on the bbq will do nicely.

And breathe x

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Please pass on my condolences to your husband on the loss of his brother.
    I think your Monday meal planning may be rubbing off on me but I won't speak too soon. I do actually know what we will be eating for 4 days of this week but won't go beyond that! I'm probably a bit long in the tooth to become a forward thinker but I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x