Tuesday, April 23, 2013

someone's a bibliophile...


I came back from our holiday in the Southern Highlands with a couple of new books. Well, more than a few. See, Berkelouw in Bowral was closing down (insert sad face) and they had a 50% off sale (insert OH MY FREAKING GOD face). What's a gal to do?

Some of these authors I know and love (Siri Hustvedt, Adriana Trigiani, Augusten Burroughs) while others I'm keen to explore and rediscover (Colette and Sophie Dahl). There's light reading, a little art, and some mind food. All for just over $100.

I know.

I keep smiling and stroking them gently.

My precious.

Do you love books as much as I? Are you a one-book-at-a-time person or do you like to have a range on the go?

8 comments:

  1. Read My Life in Frocks a few years back, was pretty good. Have you read Dreaming of Dior or Dreaming of Chanel? I think you'd love them too. Also love Trigiani, only read the Stone Gap Trilogy, about the Librarian (natch!). Great French influence in there, esp Colette. Sad the Bowral store is closing, but what bargains!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, I have read Dreaming of Dior - but Chanel's probably even MORE my speed.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I am most certainly a book person. I always have a book on the go, although I'm a one book person for sure. Lok at your stash, it's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could just do one, I think I'm just a flibbertyjibbit!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful supply of reading matter. Your choice of authors is entirely different to mine but I have gone from serious reads to whodunits and mystery stories to relax with. I can just see you trying to fit all that reading in with your other tasks but I know you will. Happy reading. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give it my best shot Mimsie, but I started planning my May and it's looking even MORE chockers than usual! Eeep!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Colette--even my cat with her fuzzy hair and dark rimmed eyes is named for her--but Cheri is probably one of my least favorites. Your stack begs for a sunny chaise and a glass of wine...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your cat sounds parfait Lorrie! I must say, I was sucked in to this Colette because of the Art Noveau cover - even though I have Cheri in red leather hardcover...

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x