Monday, April 08, 2013

meal planning monday


Oh boy, have I been gallivanting lately. I've been here, I've been there, and I've always tried to frock up appropriately. See that outfit above? That was for sunday's Newcastle Writers Festival. The first session was Pride and Prejudice so it just had to be vintage lace. And red patent mary janes. There is no other choice. The weekend was fab, but oh, my house is paying the price. There is washing piled on my bed, and in the machine waiting to be hung. The floors are a disgrace and are causing me to look upwards when I enter a room just so I don't see them. However, we do have meal planning to save the day:

Monday: tonight my parents have finished their trek north and back in the Kombi so thus starts a week of vegetarian eating. I didn't know this last night when I bought some chicken so I'll be making chicken with 40 cloves of garlic with soft polenta for us, and roasted vegies to serve with soft polenta for them.

Tuesday: I'm going to the Council Chambers tonight. The rescission motion to stop work on the Art Gallery redevelopment is being voted on and I want to show my support. We'll have mexican when I get home. Hopefully I'll be celebrating as the council votes to progress with redevelopment. SURELY!

Wednesday: I think I'll make a lovely spinach and feta filo pie with salad. Yes.

Thursday: I have a netball meeting, so I'll whip up a vegetarian pasta dish to have beforehand. Perhaps grated zucchini, lemon zest, garlic and persian feta.

Friday: We'll go out to dinner. To Merewether Bowling Club to Osteria.

Saturday: bbq - vegie and meat-lovers.

Sunday: pizzas!

And that's it. Sound okay?

2 comments:

  1. Although my cooking is needs be very simple I still can't resist in popping in on a Monday to see what your menu is for the coming week. It is as always fantastic.
    Sincerley hope the voting on Tuesday night is in favour of the Art Gallery development. Good luck in that regard. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tonight! I always love your meal plan, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x