Monday, April 22, 2013

meal planning monday


Ahhh, there's no place like home is there? We had a fabulous holiday last week, but we're home again and I'm looking forward to cooking again in my own kitchen. So here's what we're eating:

Monday: It's school holidays, but we still have netball training. After last week's rich holiday meals I'll make simple grilled steak and steamed veg for dinner tonight.

Tuesday: It's soup weather now, well, just. I have an idea for a soup: chickpea and lamb shank. It'll have a base of beef stock, lots of vegies and a tin of tomatoes. Lots of garlic, some herbs and a couple of browned lamb shanks. It'll have to simmer for a good couple of hours to let the lamb fall from the bone. Then I'll add a tin of drained chickpeas and some baby spinach or baby kale at the last minute. Yum.

Wednesday: I'm going to flatten out some chicken breasts and marinate them, then I'll grill them on the bbq. I'll serve them with wilted greens and french lentil salad.

Thursday: It's Anzac Day so I've plenty of time to prepare something yummy. Perhaps beef and guinness pies?

Friday: Baked fish tonight. With lots of vegies and a salad.

Saturday: A chorizo and white bean bake. With kale salad should be nice.

Sunday: Roast beef. And veg. And yum.

3 comments:

  1. That soup sounds amazing. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share the recipe on my other blog if it's a good'un. And thank you x

      Delete
  2. As usual with your weekly menu all I can say is YUM!! I am going to check our your recipes as I am sure to find something that would suit our simple tastes. It is cooling down at last in Perth so the slow cooker will come out and also soup will go on in the other one. Love winter and although I love salads one does tire of them after 5 months!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x