Monday, April 13, 2009

grill girl

I think I've finally mastered my bbq. I've just had family to dinner, cooked up a honey and rosemary marinated butterflied leg of lamb, garlic and olive oil smashed potatoes, and tuscan spatchcocked chicken. Yummy. I par-boiled the potatoes then smashed them down with a potato masher and drizzled them with garlic-infused olive oil before putting them on the bbq hot plate to brown. The lamb was studded with rosemary, drizzled with organic honey and left to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours, before being brought to room temperature. 

I let the bbq heat up then turned off the middle two burners before searing the lamb and marinated chicken for a few minutes on the grill plate. Then I popped them in the middle, closed the hood and left them to cook for around 45 minutes. After the lamb was cooked, I took it off, covered it with foil and left to rest for 15 minutes before slicing finely. It was served with a tuscan bread and tomato salad, green salad and the smashed potatoes. Because I was feeding a crowd I made my chocolate sponge, icecream and raspberry number... Oh, it was good.

I reckon that barbeques are the ultimate entertaining accessory. Everything tastes amazing, you can leave it to cook while you chat, and it's all done in the great outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of a traditional baby shower, we are having a party/bbq thats kid and man friendly too. I'm not really a powder blue tower of diaper "cakes" shower kind of a girl and half my friends are men who wouldn't really enjoy that either. So we're having a late afternoon bbq with plenty of food and a laid back vibe. I'm So excited. I love outdoor entertaining/living.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x