Wednesday, April 15, 2009

belle blanc fleurs

Foxgloves are just the most magnificent flower. With their spires towering over a metre high they're the perfect backdrop to a garden. I haven't had any foxgloves for a few seasons, and I miss their lanky prettiness - so I'm buying a punnet of white foxgloves this year, and planting them around my pink Gertrude Jeckyl rose and in front of my cream and pink climbing Pierre de Ronsard rose. The border in front is dotted with varying Iris so it should make a pretty site come next spring.

My hubby spent the whole long weekend doing some serious manual labour, getting our side yard ready for the final stage of our renovations - a drystone retaining wall, cute little shed and vegie and herb garden. Today I need to find a means of getting rid of around six cubic metres of clay that he's dug from paths. Time to dial a skip I do believe.

1 comment:

  1. I love gardening! I can't wait to start! Eva wants to plant a butterfly garden this year. I want lots and lots of tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and cucumbers. Since we aren't here permanently, I won't invest in bigger things than annuals probably.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x