Saturday, November 22, 2008

pour moi

Here's another book that's making me sigh. I got my little hands on a copy last week (thank you Nicola xx) and it's bliss in hardcover. So many shoes to sigh over. I also found out that my favourite French red suede shoes (mary janes, with a double straps and a cute black heel) were made by Charles Jourdan - which is a pleasant surprise, but they're so comfortable and stylish I'm hardly surprised.

I was continually amazed at the level of experimentation in shoes going back to the 30s and 40s when there was some pretty avant garde stuff happening. If you see a copy snavel it up. In Aus the cover has a pretty pale pink champagne background which melts my heart and would look amazing on a glass-topped coffee table. If you're a shoe gal, this is a must-have.

2 comments:

  1. I really MUST HAVE this book. Tis is a must buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be glad you fell under its spell - hurrah for Amazon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x