Friday, November 14, 2008

on the cards

We're going to a wedding this afternoon, and excitingly, I'll be wearing heels with my physio's blessing. I've got the pressie and the paper, but oh my lord - the cards! Now, there are plenty of lovely cards around at the moment for birthdays. Pretty, fun, tasteful... but for weddings? Zilch. The only card I found vaguely appealing was $10. Yes, $10 for a card. I'll pay that for a glass of champagne, but not for a card, that's just silly. Luckily I fell back on my old standby of a pretty floral card with a blank interior. I'd much prefer to add my own words than fall on the twee offerings of the card companies. I'll raise a glass to my lovely readers this afternoon, and promise to tread carefully!

2 comments:

  1. Imbibe in an extra glass, just for me. ;-) Then tell me how delish it really was- I can indulge in my brain as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, on the whole, the card thing is a disaster.

    However, I did buy the entire shop's supply, when I came across a birthday card that had a picture of of a grotty little dog, smiling at the camera, with the promise of a birthday poem on the front.

    Inside it read,

    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    And sometimes,
    I like to drink out of the toilet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x