Tuesday, June 03, 2014

vintage tweed ride


Hey, remember last year I went on the Vintage Tweed Ride? And loved it? Well guess what? It's on AGAIN! Yes, Sunday June 22 in fact.

It starts at 10am in Islington Park and should be smashing (9am registration, 10am ride!)

Last year loads of people on vintage (or awesome) bikes, dressed up in tweed, vintage (or awesome) outfits and rode at a sedate pace along a rather fabulous bike path along Throsby Creek then along Honeysuckle before ending with a bbq and picnic at Nobbys.

This year there is MORE. There will be music! And refreshments available for sale from Maudie Mac's Travelling Tea House!!!! (Seriously, this deserves ALL THE EXCLAMS!)

It will be so so awesome.

Sadly I shan't be frocking up and flinging on my vintage red wool cape to participate (but don't cry for me, as I shall be in London at the time!)

Seriously, you should totally go to this if you have a bike.

Or if you're thinking about buying a bike you should totally buy a bike and go to this.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful photography opportunity. I'll have to head in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you WILL! It is so fabulous. So many fabulous, fabulous outfits - and have you SEEN Maudie Mac's teahouse? SUBLIME!

      Delete
    2. Oh! The teahouse! It's stunning. I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for the reccy.

      Have an amazing trip - I'm decidedly jealous. :)

      Delete
  2. That bike ride sounds fabulous but to be in London!!! Wow! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mimsie, am counting down the days till we fly out - 15 more sleeps!

      Delete
  3. It will be a great day, and it's FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a fun day with a great bunch of people. I dont have an old or vintage bike, neither do I have any tweed. I'm still going to try and get to this event - maybe go to the Salvos to find an ooutfit, and I'll try and get some friends to come too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah Tamara - go on! I didn't wear strictly vintage, but went french-style to match my bike (and, just quietly, won the best dressed woman award - it was the red cape that did it!). You'll love it!

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x