Thursday, June 26, 2014

retail therapy



For, and this is no exaggeration, pretty much my whole life, I have been searching for the perfect sandal. And it has evaded me. For years they'd be too clunky, or too thong-like, or too black, white or natural leather coloured.

They were my nemesis.

Until I spied THESE!

LOOK - the perfect sandal. It's gold, silver, and a kinda antique silver, with a floral (padded!) innersole. And they're Hush Puppies aka the most comfortable shoes in the world.

I am so happy.


I couldn't resist this frock. So pretty - so soft. And, excuse me, but how PERFECTLY will it go with my new sandals (answer: perfectly).


And while we were in Carnaby Street, in London, we stumbled upon the Dr Martens store. Now, the day before my gal had spied a pair of pale pink Doc boots that she'd fallen in love with - and I'd seen these Mary Janes months ago online. My gal's heart was torn between pale pink and baby blue - but we went with the baby blue. I noticed that these had either the black bows OR white with black polka dots - how to decide? Luckily I didn't have to as my shoes came with BOTH!

ps: English lawn, with daisies - best photographic backdrop ever yes?

7 comments:

  1. I was admiring the lawn almost as much as your lovely purchases. Daisies in a lawn is perfection. I also adore the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were also BUTTERCUPS! I wandered the whole lawn looking for the two together, but no luck.

      Delete
  2. Well done! I love them all. And I love that lawn too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. And yes, the lawn's so soft and emerald green.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it is a big WOW to all of them. Great choices especially those sandals and love the dress to. A choice of black or white bows makes it so easy doesn't it?
    I was admiring the greenness of the lawn and the little daisies made a perfect back drop for your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the perfect sandal...I used to own a very lovely pair of black ones (Diana Ferrari), similar style in fact, and oh so comfy. Wore them to death, never found anything quite the same since :(
    That dress is sooo you, and very envious of the docs. Was only talking with someone about Docs around the same time. I wore mine for the first time in ages and they need replacing! Should have seen an order over with you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x