Monday, February 03, 2014

meal planning monday


Well, I have a really odd schedule to plan for this week. It's the first full-week back at school, I have to attend two night's worth of netball grading (hold me) and my husband's going down to Thredbo on a cycling trip from Wednesday to Sunday.

Hmmmmm.

So this week is likely to change a fair bit - but we'll start with this shall we?

Monday: grilled chicken breasts on the bbq. I'll marinate them in olive oil, lemon zest and thyme before going to netball grading at 5, then they'll be ready to whack on the grill at 6:30. I'll prepare a couple of salads too.

Tuesday: husband's last night here, he'll want steak and salad, so that is what we shall have.

Wednesday: just me and my gal. I think I'll do a green chicken curry earlier in the day and serve it up when I come home from grading. With steamed rice and wilted greens (I do like to serve my greens separately to the curry, makes for prettier colours).

Thursday: hubby hates couscous, but my gal does like it. I'll serve a couscous salad tonight - with lamb backstrap, roasted vegies and chickpeas.

Friday: my gal and I can go out to dinner!

Saturday: mexican sounds like a good option to me. Grilled chicken burritos perhaps?

Sunday: husband home (I think). So I'll make a roast beef dinner tonight to celebrate.

Whew. You?

French word of the Day: imparfait - imperfect {I do like things that are imperfect, don't you?}

image: from housetohome.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Making my biggest girl a lasagna tonight, some carb loading for her inter-school cross country race tomorrow.
    Doing my salmon parcels with chilli, lime & coriander tomorrow as they have been a hit, plus they're fast as well be home late from said cross country race.

    How nice to have some time just you and your girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, hope the cross country race went well (those words still strike fear into my heart - a long-distance runner I was NOT!). So looking forward to some girly time xx

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x