Monday, January 20, 2014

meal planning monday


Oh, I've been such a slack blogger. But last week I had an excuse, I was feeling poorly and could do no more than lay on the couch. And moan. But now I'm back baby and ready to leap into a new week - and back with the daily blogs and daily French Word of the Day. Now, here's what we're eating - healthy stuff!

Monday: green chicken curry with lots of green veg and sticky rice.

Tuesday: steak with beetroot, persian feta and walnut salad - and a green salad.

Wednesday: garlic prawns with a mango salad.

Thursday: cold meatloaf with salad (I love cold meatloaf even more than I love hot meatloaf, so I'll whip one up earlier and put it in the fridge to chill).

Friday: salmon patties with salad.

Saturday: I cannot believe that I don't have anything on tonight - after two weekends in a row in Sydney this is a very good thing. I might make chicken with 40 cloves of garlic tonight.

Sunday: bbq lamb, with chickpea and roasted capsicum salad and green salad.

French word of the day: s'imaginer - to imagine oneself.

image from housetohome.co.uk


4 comments:

  1. Sounds good, the links to the salad recipes would be good too !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to write up the salad recipes Lynette. They're pretty simple: tin of beetroot wedges or baby beetroot, drained, tossed with persian feta and roasted walnuts - drizzled with oil and ground black pepper. Tin of chickpeas, drained, add roasted red capsicum, diced green onions and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and zest and salt and pepper. Voila!

      Delete
  2. All sound so delicious but in Perth we are back in heatwave conditions so salads it is for us.
    Incidentally PPMJ I have been hearing about the "Newcastle Solution" when there is talk of trying to curb people's drinking habits. Do you know about it and is it working as well as they say? It could be an interesting item for your blog (that's if you've not already done and it and I've missed it). Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mimsie I can't believe you still have those awful heatwaves. I hope you're staying cool. Yes, I do know about the Newcastle Solution - and great idea - I will! thanks x

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x