Monday, January 13, 2014

meal planning monday


Forget sliders, Jaffles are the new kids on the food block. This sweet modified Kombi was serving Jaffles at the Sydney Festival on the weekend - cuteness! I was too Starvin' Marvin for just a jaffle, a burger was needed after a long day of public transport - but let me assure you that Jaffles will be added to my meal plans - with a wee side salad!

Another busy week in this neck of the woods. Here's what's on the menu:

Tonight: my gal's off to spend the night with her cousins, so it's just hubby and me. Steak on the bbq and salad will do it.

Tuesday: I'm off to see a French film, A Woman In Paris with my friend C, so an early dinner of bbq pork and lemongrass kebabs is called for. Served with udon noodle and veg salad.

Wednesday: my gal's keen to try Sloppy Joes - so who am I to deny her?

Thursday: bbq chicken with a shredded salad.

Friday: salmon on the bbq - with lemon potato salad.

Saturday: I'm off to Sydney again, to see one of my fave authors - David Sedaris. YAY! Opera Bar for dinner I'd imagine.

Sunday: home again. Sunday night Jaffles?

6 comments:

  1. Jaffles!! What wondeful memories I have of making them 'way back then'. Now I don't even have a jaffle iron. I wonder if you can still buy them but would they work on an electric stove. I think we had gas before.
    As usual you have devised a great menu. Enjoy your outings and especially your French film and the trip to Sydney. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't jaffles the best! I've found proper old school round jaffle makers at camping stores - and I shall be purchasing two this week. I'd imagine they'd work just as well on electric as gas. x

      Delete
  2. Recently, I bought a new coffee machine and, to my delight, they threw in a jaffle maker! Thrilled? Understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a gift that's almost as awesome as the purchase!

      Delete
  3. Mmmmmmmmm jaffles.
    Probably the one appliance I DON'T own is a jaffle maker... Might need to 'borrow' mums next time I visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or duck down to a camping store to buy a real jaffle iron!

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x