Thursday, July 11, 2013

the simple things


I've been trying to squish in as much vitamin D into my winter life as possible. And reading time too! So that's why I lunged at the chance to have a cup of coffee in my new mug (love it, it's a cross between a mug and a bowl!) while reading my book on the front veranda.

Bliss.

I've recently been diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD. Well, I've been self-diagnosed... I know that if I don't get enough sunshine I get the blues, and those blues turn black the longer the skies stay grey. So I've been trying to stash up my vitamin D whenever possible and I've been feeling MUCH better.

French word of the day: pamplemousse - (pahm - pluh - mousse) grapefruit. This is my favourite, happy-making French word. J'adore!

1 comment:

  1. Do keep on absorbing that Vitamin D PPMJ. Phil and I now both take a Vit D capsule daily. We oldies tend not to go out in the sun as much as we did when young. He has some osteoporosis so essential for him to keep up his levels.
    I am so fortunate that I love grey skies and rain so no problem but it is in summer that I feel down with too many blue skies and TOO much heat. We are all so different.
    Hope your lass' mouth will soon be feeling less pain and do enjoy your Bastille Day celebrations and I love your French word of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x