Monday, July 01, 2013

meal planning monday


Well hello, how's things? It's still a bit soggy here, but I'm looking forward to a mid-week getaway, so all's good. Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: I have some leftover pork shoulder on the bone, and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Luckily, I watched Jamie's Great Britain yesterday and he made a rabbit ragu that gave me an idea. I'm putting the pork whole into my dutch oven. I'll throw in two whole carrots, an onion, washed but with skin intact, a whole head of garlic, two celery sticks, bay leaves and salt and pepper. I'll top this up with 1/2 bottle white wine, a tin of tomatoes and some water. I'll bring it to the boil, then pop it in the oven on slow for the rest of the day.

Before serving I'll pop on some kitchen gloves, smoosh all the vegies into a pan, discarding skin, shred off the meat and give it a stir. I'll add lemon zest and fresh thyme and serve tossed through pasta. Yum.

Tuesday: I didn't get to make fish last week, I cooked that pork shoulder instead. So tonight I'll do fish with salad and homemade chips.

Wednesday: we'll be in the Blue Mountains, I'll cook up something yummy from the local butcher for dinner for us and my in-laws.

Thursday: night two in the blue mountains. We'll have been exploring all day so let's have pies, mash and vegies!

Friday: home again. To take-away thai!

Saturday: I really want to make Beef Wellington with my gal. Today we shall.

Sunday: Roasted chicken with garlic and lemon, and lots of veg will do.

French word of the day: vacances (vah - kohns) holiday!

Image from housetohome.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. well, all I can say is yum! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, I must say that the pork ragu seems like a smashing success an hour or so out from dinner!

      Delete
  2. Isn't Thai take away when you get home from a trip just about the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x