Tuesday, July 12, 2011

en paris



So we're in Paris. C'est parfait. Sure, I'm not being driven around in this gorgeous Citroen, but I did see it and squeal at it within moments of wandering around our arrondissment.


We've explored gorgeous galeries - the laneways that are rich in the most divine architecture and feature hidden treasures...


And look at those tiles. On the right is Legrand Filles et Fils - a wine bar stocked with the most mouth-watering bottles. The menu is simple, but apparently you can treat this gorgeous store as a bottle shop and select something fabulous to accompany your nibbles. Shall we try this one night?


Hello Didier Ludot - vintage heaven. I do apologise for those who followed me and tripped and slipped in the drool I left at the base of these windows. Who needs museums when you have beauties like this to gaze out. You want more?


Vintage Chanel? Seriously?


There may be something in the world more delectable than this vintage Dior - but I can't possibly imagine what it is.

Now, if you'll excuse me, after a busy day of Eurostar, unpacking, wandering the rues we're now sipping Moet in our apartment {ridiculously cheap} and nibbling on cheese, ham and poilane bread while our gal has a well-deserved early night.

Tomorrow's a wee spot of shopping at the Soldes {sales!}, a lunch on the Eiffel Tower {!!!} and the ballet at the Opera Garnier. {squeeeeee!}

PS: The Parisians are LOVING my attempts at French. I had a brief conversation with the Taxi driver {who gave me a "Parfait" when I said the name of my street - much more than my french teacher offers!}, and everyone's been just gorgeous. I also successfully ordered my husband an espresso at a sidewalk café without checking the menu {un noisette}. It's hot though - even though it's only 29 degrees - and no humidity so my hair has NO IDEA what's going on. A bientot x

9 comments:

  1. Stop. It.

    Looks amazing! Thanks for the update and PLEASE, have a glass or 27 of moet for me will you? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous! This is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks amazing! Have the most fabulous time ever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...I am always jealous when I hear that someone other than me is in Paris! It sounds like you are having a fabulous time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a magnificent time. So glad the French lessons are paying off.

    Enjoy tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tres jealous. J'espere que tu as un temps magnifique! A bientot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh I am so green eyed right now!

    Enjoy enjoy enjoy

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bon, ma chere!

    I am SOOOOO jealous. Green with envy.

    Have a fabulous time. I'm sure you will. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. am loving your images - takes me right back !! le xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x