Friday, July 03, 2009

the answer my friend...

I've always been a huge fan of drying washing in the sunshine and breeze. The other night, while I was poorly, I dropped substantial amounts of bolognaise sauce on my lavender and cream Peter Alexander pjs. Sadness! But my daughter said, "Don't worry, just wash it and the sunshine will take the stains away." Too true. In 30 minutes of hanging in the sun the tomato stains had vamoosed.

Today it's a real drying day. It's sunny and it's windy. I'm even thinking of washing my doona - that's how good a day it is! The load I hung out at 8.30 was dry when I hung my second load out at 10am.

I loved the clotheslines in Venice. Strung between apartments you'd see lines of clothing flapping above the canals. Sure, I did have to chase one of my tops that hadn't been pegged out properly {I did have fun working out where the little courtyard it landed was!}, but everything dried beautifully. I also think that line-dried clothing is easily to fold straight from the line and {NOW} straight into the baskets and into our cupboards.

It's the little things...

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I prefer line-dried clothes myself ... the green way to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x