Thursday, July 02, 2009

andelay, andelay...

Just had a speedy gonzales moment. I've been a bit slooooooow after my migraine on Tuesday, so I needed to catch-up, quick-smart. At 2pm I sat down and came up with the week's menu, wrote a shopping list and was out the door by 2.10pm. I zoomed through the supermarket, bought a week's worth of ingredients, even stopping to chat to my great Aunt who I haven't seen for yonks, and I was at the school gate ready to pick up my daughter at 2.50pm. Ahh, the joys of living centrally.

This week we're eating:

Tonight: Shepherds pie and veg
Friday: Spanish chicken with rice {we didn't get around to this last week}
Saturday: Lamb shanks, mash and peas {inspired by last night's MasterChef}
Sunday: Roast beef and vegies
Monday: Chorizo pasta bake
Tuesday: Pork cutlets and veg
Wednesday: Provencal chicken {my daughter's new fave!]

Off to start frying off some veg and simmering the lamb mince for the pie. I love mine slowly simmered for a few hours before topping with mash and baking.

Excuse me, salivating.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to have to write about the chorizo pasta bake recipe. I must confess, a lot of chorizo pasta dishes I've had have ended as horrid FAILS, so I'm interested to hear about yours because, well, it's probably flipping awesome! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually a RECIPE - I know, I don't normally do recipes... But I'll find it and post it because it was fabuloso.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x