Sunday, August 17, 2014

well hello


As you can probably guess from this pic, I'm yearning for Paris a little. Life's back to normal now, which makes me cast my mind back to days when I had nought to do but wander the streets of my favourite city. Oh well, we'll be back there soon enough.

This weekend was a lovely combo of catching up on stuff, and spending time with friends and my lovely little family. Last night's birthday night out with my gal pals was just perfection. First of all, there was sparkling rosé at Newcastle's newest small bar - The Red Baron's. It was pretty darned cool. We also shared some russian-style tapas before moving on to another pub for a quick drink. Then, we were still a wee bit peckish so we went to Chook and Broosky - a chicken and beer bar! SO GOOD! Fried chicken, coleslaw and chips with lime-zest for the win!

After this we ducked down to the Lass for a dance. We saw THREE great bands/performers, including my new favourites Nova And The Experience. What an experience! They played danceable indie rock while doing such awesome things as throwing paper aeroplanes, passing out newspaper hats for us all to wear, or passing our percussion cuteness and bubbles! We danced our wee feet off we did.

Hurrah for fun nights with the very best of friends.

Today I caught up with a very old friend from way-back-when for lunch and a brainstorming session. It was super-fun. Then I helped my gal with a crazy-difficult assignment for school. Oh, and it was a GOOD DRYING DAY! So hello clean sheet night.

Tomorrow I start a new adventure at work. I've moved over two desks and into a new role. I love a new challenge. Bring it all on.

And you, how's things with you?

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend you've had. It's always great catching up with old acquaintances. I did that years ago with 3 girls I'd first worked with when a teenager and we had a great time and then kept up our get-togethers until two of them dropped off the perch but then we are oldies so it happens.
    Good fortune with your new job experience that begins tomorrow. I like the idea of moving up two desks...sort of reminds me of the Madhatter's tea party....no offence meant. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mimsie, I LOVE the idea of the Madhatter's tea party! xx

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x