Sunday, August 24, 2014

the happy house list


I love a list. I do! If there's anything I need to get done, you can pretty much guarantee that I'll make a list for it. Primarily for the satisfaction of ticking things off.

But I don't like to get disheartened. So I am not a fan of the long list. Lists that are too long can seem overwhelming and scary and like just too much trouble.

So I've come up with a cunning plan for the loooooooooong list of jobs we need to do around the house. I'm calling it The Happy House List. We're going to come up with a list of tasks to accomplish each weekend, from the teeny, to the huge. Then, we'll go through plotting and ticking them off - and celebrating them with a very big 'hurrah' at the completion of each.

Rather than moaning that we need to prune the roses, we'll do it with the end goal of a bushy shrub just like the one in the pic above {because my house looks extra-pretty when viewed through pink and red rose bushes!}. Touching up a spot of peeling paint just by the front door is a 10 minute job - but the satisfaction will be long-lasting. New front fence? Oh, priceless!

Do you love a list?

3 comments:

  1. I love all the views of your house that you share, and Spring is the time for doing, is it not. Small bit size pieces are the ones I like with chores. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kakka! Husband's out pruning the roses as we speak - and I've ticked off quite a few bitty bits too x

      Delete
  2. I make lists for Phil who promptly loses them. lol So much needs doing at our place but the lack of ready finance puts the brakes on doing all the things I list. Love the picture of your house and yes, homes do look great when viewed through colourful rose bushes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x