Saturday, August 23, 2014

sweet saturday


This is our first weekend without sporting commitments {and may I throw in a small 'hurrah'?}. I do love my netball teams, but that full Saturday morning commitment really adds up. I did have to do a couple of hours work this morning, but the weekend's drawing out before me looking fabulous for getting things done.

I must say, it kicked off well. Last night my friend C and I checked out a friend's Art Exhibition opening, had a glass of champers, chatted with other friends, then went for a sneaky pizza and beer in what I think might be my fave pub in Newcastle - The Oriental in Cooks Hill. Why's it my favourite? Because it retains the classic bones of a pub, but has a slightly updated edge. It's cozy, has good beers on tap - and oh THE PIZZA!

Then we wandered down to a 'venue which shall remain nameless {because, well, blerk} to meet our friend A and see the formidable Courtney Love. My inner rock chick loved being able to see Courtney live again - it's been years and she hasn't lost her edge. My voice is sore from screaming along with the songs - and my body's sore from spending 30 minutes in the mosh pit {so worth it}.

We also bumped into some fabulous peeps along the way {one of whom was wearing FABULOUS red lippy for Courtney!}.

Today's it's family time - complete with paella for dinner.

I love weekends :)

image from housetohome



5 comments:

  1. Was the best night ever...again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great night! Love a good pub pizza...and Courtney! Well she can certainly rock. Hope she did Malibu!? Looking forward to dropping in a little more regularly again PPMJ :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy the way you enjoy your life. I have fun just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely weekend. I enjoyed our first netball-free Saturday morning too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x