Sunday, May 11, 2014

38 days...


Oh my goodness, in just 38 days we're flying out for a five week holiday! Three weeks in England, a week in Paris and a week in The Lot in the South of France. The housesitters are booked, so are our flights, accommodation and a few other bits and pieces. Eeep! This lovely room above is our Paris apartment. We're staying in The Marais again this time. It's my favourite part of this beautiful city with just the right amount of bustle to make me feel we're really in Paris.

We're staying with good friends, whose daughter is the same age as our gal - they've been friends since pre-school - and have gone through all levels of schooling together. How cute is that! 

We're currently trying to book car hire, but we've decided to leave that up to our travel agent. As we're picking the car up in Paris, then driving down to The Lot, and dropping it at Bordeaux airport it's a little complex. Now, see this house? It's our place for a week in the lot.

This is the view over the town of Saint Cirq la Poppie.


 And yes, this is the view from the pool. I know. I am pinching myself too. 



We're keen to make this visit a mix of relaxation, and seeing as much as possible. Basing ourselves in the one spot for a week at a time means we can toddle off to various towns to check out their markets, have a spot of lunch, then come home for a bbq dinner with champagne poolside. (Well, not in Paris, but our apartment does have a terrace that overlooks a garden courtyard).

Squeeeee!

6 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness.

    It looks like a dream. I'm so jealous. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca, don't you love the internet for finding awesome holiday homes?

      Delete
  2. That looks amazing! You must be beside yourself!
    The only thing is I'll have to give you a good telling off for not stopping over and visiting me. I'll forgive you just this once though ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. squeeeeeee indeed! it looks AMAZING! and sounds even better :D
    enjoy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x