Monday, May 19, 2014

meal planning monday



Goodness, Monday? Again? And (shhhhh, don't tell anyone) I think I missed last week. Despite desperate attempts, time isn't slowing down. So I guess I'd best just get over it. And plan some meals. Yes? Okay, this week:

Monday: this is probably the night of the week I have the most time to cook and serve up a meal - so I'll make paella. My gal finishes ballet at 7:15, so I'll have it on the table when she gets home.

Tuesday: I'm leading a workshop tonight, so I won't be home till around 8pm. Husband and child can cook up spaghetti bolognaise.

Wednesday: my 11 year old's netball training, so I'm home at 6:15pm. I ordered meats from Aussie Farmers Direct last week and this week and there's chicken burgers in the mix. Shall buy some breadrolls, whip up some guacamole, make a salsa and have mexican chicken burgers tonight.

Thursday: my gal and I are off to the theatre to see Romeo and Juliet with a bunch of my friends, and some of their kids too. FUN! We'll have an early dinner. I think I ordered lamb chops, so we'll have Nigella's Greek Lamb Chops tonight - with green salad.

Friday: hubby and I are off to Sydney to see one of my all-time-fave bands play at the Opera House - Pixies! So excited. We'll eat beforehand at the Opera Bar. My in-laws are coming to stay with my gal and feed her something scrummy.

Saturday: it's Sydney Writers Festival so I'll stay down in Sydney and see a few things, then catch up with friends for an early dinner before catching the train home.

Sunday: I ordered a chook - so we'll have roast chook for dinner! With all the vegie trimmings.

That's it. You?

6 comments:

  1. Keeping it simple this week: stir-fry noodles with chook and oyster sauce; roast beef fillet with bernaise; Jamie Oliver lamb burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I am in Sydney this weekend too!!
    Coffee date?
    Looks like a fabulous weekend ahead!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've just finished the (audio) book 'Julie and Julie' - you know, where Julie Powell cooks all 450ish recipes from Julia Child's 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking'. I really had no intention of cooking even one recipe from MTAOFC. However, I was a bit sick this weekend so started watching You Tube clips of Julia Child's show (some dating back to 1963) and I'm just a little bit inspired now. I've spent the weekend mastering a perfect French omelette - who knew it only takes 20 secs to cook, no wonder mine were always rubbery. Tonight I'm cooking a perfect steak (4 minutes each side) with beautiful vegetables (fresh shelled peas, carrots and spinach) and a red wine sauce, and I have lamb shanks cooking for tomorrow night. After that, who knows - that's about as organised as I get. We go out for pizza at Surf House most Wednesdays; so perhaps chicken tagine on Thursday - out on Friday night and Saturday night - so someone else will cook - and I have a piece of pork to roast - maybe for Sunday dinner. Hmmm, I feel so (unusually) organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowzers! I have those books (all of them - Julie and Julia and JC's books!) but don't know if I've cooked anything from it. I love a good omelette - and a great steak!

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x