Friday, March 07, 2014

oh hai autumn


Although it means the end of the swimming season, I do love Autumn. Don't you just adore it when you can feel that crisp bite of chill in the air? And the way the sky's hues soften and mellow? If I had to have a favourite season it'd be Autumn, mainly because it's still just the right temperature to do all the things I love (cycle, swim, go for walks on the beach) without the heat and humidity.

I'm planning on enjoying a bit of that this weekend. Since starting my new job I haven't cycled once - or done anything even vaguely energetic. This must be rectified as it's taking a toll on my health. Tomorrow I'm presenting at a blogging workshop, but once it's over I'll be riding my bike - unless it's hailing! Got to exercise the body as well as the mind don't you think?

image: my backyard.


7 comments:

  1. with a backyard like that i'd be swimming year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totes should. I think it might help clear the final fogginess from my three day migraine too. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about that migraine and hope you are soon feeling much better.
    As far as your weather is concerned you are so fortunate. Our skies in Perth are still bright blue and today is forecast to be 38ÂșC. We have not recorded rain in our city for 96 days so you can imagine how we would welcome just one teeny sign of autumn over here. Even a cloud in the sky would be nice for a change.
    Enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say Mimsie, I do keep a check on the weather in Perth to see what you're in for. Surely you're due for some rain soon! Enjoy your weekend x

      Delete
  3. I love autumn too. The blue skies and crisp air. Although in this part of the world it's not really the same. Autumn means 35 degrees instead of 45 degrees. We're in Spring and it's now warming up scarily fast!
    Good luck with your blogging session! I'm sure you'll do great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, I can't even bear to imagine 45 degrees - is it humid? I could cope so long as it's not humid.

      The session went really well x

      Delete
    2. For most of the year the weather is very dry, but from mid June to September the weather is humid. Fog your sunglasses up as soon as you walk out the door humid. It's classified as a tropical desert climate. 45 degrees is average, it's not unusual to hit higher I've seen 50 degrees a few times. For me it's not so much the heat but the relentlessness of it. There are no cool changes or sea breezes and it remains very hot for months on end. A week of 45+ is fine, but a couple of months of it is draining. In saying that the place is built for the heat, you just get locked up in air conditioned cells for the summer months. Which is why the kids and I will escape in July/August!

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x