Monday, March 10, 2014

meal planning monday


Well, this kitchen certainly offers it up in the pop of colour stakes doesn't it? How happy is colour? {very}. Speaking of happy, having a plan for meals makes me happy - even if it's a very, very, very simple one. Here it is:

monday: daughter's late ballet = steak and salad for dinner.

tuesday: I've yet to cook my leg of lamb in the slow cooker. Best do so hey? On a bed of french lentils with red wine. It'll be all ready for us when we get home from netball training.

wednesday: my 11-year-old netball training finishes at 6pm, daughter finishes ballet at 6.30 and I have an event to attend {Pecha Kucha at The Edwards} at 7pm. Hmmm, juggling time. Green chicken curry and rice it is. so quick and simple.

thursday: erm. I don't think I have anything on. Surely that's an error. I should make something that takes a little effort. Garlic prawns on the bbq with a salad. {Not really an effort, but it's something different…}

friday: salmon patties, lemon roasted potatoes and green salad.

saturday: papadelle, shredded chicken and lemon.

sunday: roast pork belly and lots of vegies.

Phew. DONE!


5 comments:

  1. More tasty delights. I tried to find your recipe for leg of lamb in a slow cooker but could only find the one done in the oven. Have you published the slow cooker recipe as I'd really like to try it so pretty please, if you have a minute to spare.
    It must be nice occasionally to have a 'not so busy' week so you can sit back and relax. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made it yet Mimsie! I'm just following the seven hour leg of lamb recipe, but covering the lamb with damp baking paper and adding a little more liquid to the lentils. Wish me luck x

      Delete
    2. Oh OK. Now I know why I couldn't find the recipe. Do let everyone know how your venture using the slow cooker goes. I could learn so much from you about cooking. I was brought up in a household where the food was great but very simple fare although lots of great puddings back then.

      Delete
  2. I want to eat at your place every night - everything sounds amazing!

    I had to Google papadelle and now I really want to try it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you - that's so kind. And mmmmmm, papadelle...

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x