Monday, March 03, 2014

meal planning monday


Hey, if you happen to be having a bit of a chat to time can you tell it to PLEASE slow down? Goodness gracious! How is it already March? HOW? GAH!

Okay, deep breaths, here's what's on the meal plan this week.

Monday: my gal has her loooooooooooong ballet lesson today. I'm making chilli con carne (no, honestly, I am, I swear!)

Tuesday: I'm going to do seven hour leg of lamb in the slow cooker today. On a bed of french lentils, stuffed with garlic and anchovies. It'll be ready when we get home from netball training.

Wednesday: my other day of netball training, while my gal is at ballet. For dinner I'm smashing out and marinating some chicken breasts in Peri Peri Sauce. I'll serve them with salad and flatbread.

Thursday: I'm going straight after work to pick up a friend and we're off to a preview of a very cool local artist named James Drinkwater. I love his work - love. Must keep credit card in my pocket. Shall serve up some spaghetti carbonara when I get home - that's a 10 minute quickie!

Friday: I'll need brain food as I'm spending most of the day at a blogging workshop (as a presenter) on Saturday. Eep! Salmon. And salad. Oh my!

Saturday: baked beans on toast?

Sunday: I didn't make pork belly last week, so I might do it this week. With lots of greens.

image: housetohome.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about time. The older I get the faster it goes which I don't consider the least bit fair.
    I see you have more gastronomic delights this week...even the baked beans on toast. I've never done a 7 hour leg of lamb in a slow cooker but with our heat continuing in Perth it may be one way to keep the kitchen cool. Have to give that some positive thought...when I find the energy. : )
    Enjoy your week and all the exciting things you have to do. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x