Monday, August 05, 2013

meal planning monday



Well, well, well, well, well. It's Monday huh? My week's relatively calm {surprise!}. My gal's finished netball for the year, but my 10-year-olds are blazing their way to the finals in first place - bless their little socks.

Here's this week's plan:

Monday: netball training tonight, then I'm going straight to the movies to see Behind the Candelabra - can't wait! My gal and hubby can make home-made pizza, and I might have some when I get home. Or have popcorn for dinner...

Tuesday: no netball training. Woo hoo! I'll make a chicken casserole with herbed dumplings for dinner - and not forget the Self Raising flour this time!

Wednesday: steak with ratatouille on the side.

Thursday: I have a netball fundraising movie night to attend. Shall leave hubby and daughter with spaghetti bolognaise for dinner.

Friday: no plans. But my gal has a birthday party to attend. Might make some kind of lamb dish as she's gone off lamb since getting her braces.

Saturday: we're out to Restaurant Mason to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. Wooo hooo!

Sunday: it's my birthday - so I'm not cooking! Shall it be take-out or will my hubby and daughter cook me up a treat? {I'm guessing takeout}.

French word of the day: Lundi {lun - di} Monday.

image from housetohome.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful menu as per usual. I often wonder if you ever deviate from your plans? A couple of great nights out as well as a birthday coming up. Hope the week goes well for all three of you and just how are the braces going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimsie, yes, I do sometimes. Whether it's because I run out of energy or enthusiasm I'll sometimes swap meals around. That's why I like to have them planned - so at least I know i have the food ready to go! If I don't shop early and have food in the fridge I tend to get lazy.

    The braces are going okay, it's more a problem with eating certain foods than anything else. We can already see a difference in her teeth! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cooking on Sunday sounds perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about the braces. 3 of my grandchildren had braces and they all reacted differently to them but they did make their teeth look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ratatouille! Lamb! Birthdays!!! What a brilliant foodie week! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x