Monday, November 12, 2012

meal planning monday


Wow, how quickly is Christmas sneaking up? Eek! We're into the busy season with ballet rehearsals and birthday party planning too. I'm trying to be as organised as possible to make things run smoothly. Finger's crossed. Here's what's on our plates this week:

monday: pork cutlets, apple slaw (red cabbage, shredded carrot, apple slices, almonds and a little mint) and lemon-roasted potatoes.

tuesday: steak sandwiches - with caramelised onion and beetroot relish and a side of greens.

wednesday: saltbush lamb rissoles (from the Farmer's Market) with mash, gravy and broccoli. Oh, and roasted carrots with mint.

thursday: chicken and thai basil stirfry.

friday: fish tacos made with snapper. Recipe via Twitter! Shall report back after making.

saturday: bbq - whatever meat tickles my fancy.

sunday: roast chicken, lentil salad and a green salad.

Yep, that'll do. I'm also hoping to squish in two burlesque classes (tuesday and thursday) and a bike ride or two. Wish me luck. And please, tell me what you're eating.

9 comments:

  1. That's it! Pork cutlets for dinner at our place tonight too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, steak sangas!!

    I'm sick with a cold at the moment and can't taste anything :(

    I'm having chicken and salad tonight, boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh love, hope you're on the mend soon - colds are just yuck aren't they? x

      Delete
  3. That all sounds delish! Can you please fly over and cook it for me?? We're having BBQs and salads as our air con is down and I don't want to heat up the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO AIR CON? That's terrible! I hope it's on the mend. x

      Delete
  4. As is usually the case your menus really do start my mouth watering. Pork cutlets for us tomorrow night. Crumbed fish tonight with salads. The rest of the week's menu? In my case in about 60 years of marriage I've never planned that far ahead. Not what you'd call a terribly organised person and probably a little late to start now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be pork cutlet week - hurrah! And hey, it's never too late x

      Delete
  5. My oven is fixed, my oven is fixed. Can't wait to start meal planning again. Tonight it's greek chops and garden salad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x