Monday, November 05, 2012

meal planning monday


Another week is zooming by all Speedy Gonzales-like. Here's what we're eating:

Monday: I'm making chicken and chorizo bake. So simple. Toss some chicken pieces in olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika and place in an oven tray. Slice up chunks of chorizo, quarter a lemon and cut red onion into eighths. Cut red skinned potatoes into quarters. Now, place all these throughout the tray. Pour over a little more olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika. 

Bake in a 180 degree oven for thirty minutes, or until chicken's cooked through. If your oven is crazy hot like mine you might want to cover it with foil for 20 mins.

Serve with crusty bread and a simply dressed green salad.

Tuesday: Lamb burgers. I'll serve this on sourdough bread rolls with cucumber, yoghurt dressing and slices of red, red tomatoes and watercress.

Wednesday: Homemade pizza. I have a netball committee meeting tonight, so between touch footy and that I'll make a few pizzas.

Thursday: Steak and salad tonight when I get home from Burlesque class.

Friday: Salmon on the bbq. With a lemon cannelini bean salad. And a green salad - it's spring afterall.

Saturday: Prawns and chorizo on the bbq. With a watercress salad {have you noticed I'm in love with watercress at the moment? So delish.}

Sunday: We're planning on getting a lot done this weekend. I think sausage sandwiches will be the perfect dinner recovery plan.

And that's it. How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Lets see. I've been juicing a lot so I often cook for the family and have big heaps of juice for me but we've got some good stuff going on this week!

    Monday- Well. We just had the party-extravaganza for Eva. So I think a simple dinner is good. I've roasted and pureed pumpkin and carrots. Roast some squash, puree, mix together with some coconut milk, curry seasonings and have good bread and a salad with hearty fall soup.

    Tuesday- I've got a pork shoulder roast and some really beautiful potatoes, waiting to go into the slow cooker together with some onion & roasting veg and become a glorious roast with veggies.

    Wednesday- Shred left over pork for cubano style sandwiches on pumperknickel with a fruit salad. The kids have been in love with fresh fruit salads lately.

    Thursday- Some very simple spaghetti pomodoro, with plenty of Parmesan and basil. Salad.

    Friday- We may either make pizzas or eat leftover soup. Something easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered on the weekend that my children will actually eat chorizo. We are very excited!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that kitchen BAD. I allso wish I had a meal plan, but this week is going to be a mish-mash of leftovers and pizza for my nephew's birthday. Your week of food sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x