Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ppmj and gal pals go glamping


Only two more sleeps till I drive up to Dungog for a weekend of 'glamping'. Well, I don't really know that it's glamping - but if imagining it is so makes it so then it will be so!

I do get excited about something new to look forward to, and this trip's no exception. It's been many a year since I've attended any kind of music festival - conservatively I'd say it's been 13-odd years (since my gal was born) so this'll be a culture shock. I'm so excited about seeing Sarah Blasko - and Mumford and Sons. Husky too. And I'm sure there'll be loads of others to love.

I have my hubby's battered straw cowboy hat at the ready, and lots of sunscreen and a big water bottle - but aside from that I've no idea what to wear.

Oh well, when the gal's go glamping at Gentlemen of the Road there's bound to be giggles, instagramming and lots of tweeting!

Two more sleeps!

6 comments:

  1. Cut off denim shorts and a flannel shirt are de rigueur at these events or so I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds remarkably similar to what I wore to the first Big Day Out 9 million years ago!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! What's the festival?

    Sounds good. Joel wants to talk me into coming camping with them (he and the boys love to camp. I'm a person who lives with 24 hour pain. Camping (blow up matresses, no hot showers) makes it worse and I find it hard to see the point. But they love it so maybe I'll have to see if I can talk him into glamming it up a little for me.

    LOVE your picture. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything goes, I'm insanely jealous, my last festival was bdo 2006 then no 1 son came along. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all goes really well. MOH and I used to enjoy camping until I got too old and couldn't do all the things one has to do when camping. We both miss it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x