Friday, October 12, 2012

flowers for friday


Aren't these hollyhocks simply breathtaking? I shot these in Hampton Court Palace last year - so swoon-worthy. I've yet to try and grow hollyhocks, scared by tales of rust and other problems. But look at them! They'd have to be worth a try wouldn't they?

Now, firstly - hurrah, it's friday! My dad and step-mother are due to arrive for a weekend visit so I'll fire up the bbq tonight. We'll hang out tomorrow and then tomorrow night they'll look after our gal while hubby and I are delighted by the first Underground Epicureans secret dinner. There was a hint on facebook to bring along a semillion or light chardonnay for entree - and a rich red for the main! I've got a petit chablis in the fridge - a nice combination of the two. And I've got a few reds in the wine racks to choose from. Excitement's building...

Enjoy your friday, and your weekend x

3 comments:

  1. You Shouldn't have PPMJ! So lovely. Enjoy the vis with the fam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cannot wait to hear all about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hollyhocks are really beautiful. There is a house we often pass when in the car and they have hollyhocks that seem to come up self sown every year. I didn't realise they are that easy to grow.
    Enjoy your weekend and look forward to hearing about the Underground Epicureans secret dinner. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x