Monday, August 27, 2012

meal planning monday




Can you smell spring? I can. Whether it’s the longer days, or the jasmine that’s just starting to pop or something else completely undefined – warmer weather’s on its way. So here’s a trans-seasonal meal plan, especially for this weather.

Monday

One of my friends on Twitter mentioned chicken pie the other day, and it got me hankering. So I’m going to make chicken pot pies tonight. With mash, peas and corn.

Tuesday

It’s my daughter’s long ballet class tonight, so I should make her a meal she loves to come home to. She’s a HUGE Shepherd’s Pie (pictured above) fan so I’ll make that and serve it with broccoli, carrots and some roasted pumpkin and sweet potato.

Wednesday

I haven’t made homemade pizza for a few weeks. So let’s have those shall we? With salad.

Thursday

I have exercise class till 7pm so hubby and daughter can whip up some chicken and avocado burritos for dinner. With a corn salsa and a large salad.

Friday

I have a niggling feeling that I have something on this night, but nothing’s on my calendar. Let’s hope a reminder pops up. But, until it does, I’ll plan a simple meal anyway: my version of Nigella’s Spaghetti Carbonara.

Saturday

Surely it’ll be bbq weather by now. I need a bbq. Pork ribs, a simple rice salad and lots of greens in a salad sound about right to me.

Sunday

I’m almost over Sunday roasts – so let’s give it a final grand hurrah shall we? With a standing rib roast with all the trimmings. Complete with roasted carrots, parsnips and beetroot too. Yum.
So that’s our week, how about you?

6 comments:

  1. Yum sounds like a week of deliciousness

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh now i'm craving that delicious carbonara! definitely need to whip that one up in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's not to love about garlic and cripsy bacon with spaghetti? Seriously?

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x