Monday, August 20, 2012

meal planning monday


This whole speedy-gonzales-time-thing is doing my head in. Seriously, is it nearly the end of August already? Sheesh. Luckily we have a quiet week this week, so I'm going to make it simple food-wise as well. Here's what we're eating:

Monday: chicken kebabs, rice salad and steamed broccoli

Tuesday: I have my exercise class at 7pm, so I'll prepare a pasta bake we can all eat whenever we're ready. I made a tasty chicken and chorizo pasta bake last week that was so simple, and such a success I'll make it again.

Wednesday: No netball training this week. Sadly the girls were valiantly defeated in their semi-final. They played their little hearts out though and I'm ever-so-proud of them. I think I might cook up a quiche tonight - bacon will do. And serve it with a salad. That'll be nice.

Thursday: I'm off to a friend's house for a catch-up so I'll make some butter chicken for dinner. Serve it with rice and naan.

Friday: Don't you think friday calls for fish and chips? I do. So that's what we'll have.

Saturday: The Darby Street Bohemia Festival was cancelled earlier this month - but it's back on again tonight. We'll head out there and grab something to eat on the night. That'll be fun.

Sunday: We're going out for lunch for my niece's birthday today, so dinner will be light. Perhaps just a roast chicken and a simple salad.

And that's it. So, tell me, what's on your table this week?

2 comments:

  1. For a simple meal plan it all sounds lovely. My oven stopped working which means my meal plan has gone out the window....oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy! that chicken and chorizo pasta dish sounds spectacular, especially if it's good enough to have two weeks in a row ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x