Tuesday, August 21, 2012

a little vitamin d


I have been making a conscious effort to actually drag myself away from my desk and computer and get out into the sunshine for 15 minute stretches. So, each morning and afternoon I find myself here - sitting on a chair, with dappled sunlight dancing on the veranda.

It's not bad really.

ps: see that cyclamen? It's MONTHS old and still alive and flowering. I think it thrives on benign neglect. Watered when it droops, kept outside... loves it.

pps: see that bike? Must take myself on a ride on that tomorrow morning don't you think?

ppps: today I saw the first few purple buds on our wisteria. I may have squealed with joy. Spring, I'll be sooooo happy to see you.

14 comments:

  1. You know what? I just took my laptop out to the verandah to read and this was the first post I saw! Serendipitous I think x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't blame you for working outside, today is gorgeous. xT

    ReplyDelete
  3. that bike is sooo cute! definitely need to be off on a ride today!
    we had a good few hours of sunshine this morning before it disappeared. coooooooome on sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely view. Enjoy the warm and your bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the most beautiful view E. Next door's frangipanis just frame it all beautifully.

      Delete
  5. I think you must live in the most gorgeous house ever. I so long for a verandah and a pool. I am envious I tell you. Enjoy the sunshine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Kakka. I love my veranda - there's nothing like morning or afternoon sunshine on one. x

      Delete
  6. Vitamin D is so important especially for strong bones etc. I was found to have seriously low vitamin D so am now on daily capsules and do try and get out into the sun when I can. Apparently in Perth this time of year 15 mins at midday is the way to go. Just love your verandah and that cyclamen is beautiful. If neglect is what is needed one should do well at our place. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years back I wrote an article on vitamin D and it's surprising how many of us are deficient. It seems to play a role in avoiding so many illnesses and conditions. And it's just lovely isn't it?

      The neglect's the theory I have with this cyclamen. Apparently they love the cold as well - and we've certainly had a lot of that at night x

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x