Monday, August 06, 2012

meal planning monday


Hey there, hello, and welcome to your monday. Hope all's well with you. I am coming down with a cold (insert sad face here) so am a bit snuffly and sorry for myself today - but I'll pick up. In the meantime, here's what we're eating this week:


Monday: A visit to the farmer's markets yesterday saw me come home with a rack of saltbush lamb. Have you ever tried saltbush lamb? Oh my it's good. It's fed mainly on saltbush and this gives the mea a unique, delicious flavour. I'll serve it with roasted baby blue potatoes (I found these at Coles the other day - and roasted some the other night tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and rosemary) and some wilted Tuscan cabbage.

Tuesday: Time to whip up another dish from my Leggo's Italian Cookbook - it's proving quite the hit. This week I'll make chicken cacciatore, buttered noodles, and steamed broccoli and carrots

Wednesday: netball training. Slow roasted lamb shoulder with lemon-roasted potatoes and lentils.

Thursday: Ginger and sesame salmon with wilted greens and udon noodles. I'll quickly marinate the salmon in a mix of oil, fresh ginger, sesame seeds and sesame oil before bbqing it. Then I'll cook up the noodles and throw the greens in at the last minute till they wilt. I'll serve the salmon flaked into pieces on top of the noodles and greens. I might even sprinkle a little more toasted sesame seeds over the top.

Friday: Off to a pre-birthday dinner at the local pub. They do awesome steaks – so steak it is.

Saturday: It’s my birthday – and we’re off to a cocktail party at the local art gallery followed by dinner in Darby Street.

Sunday: Because it’s moving into spring, I’m going to start up my Sunday barbeques. I think we might have pork ribs tonight, with apple and almond slaw. This is my simple, cheaty slaw: a bag of 'gourmet' coleslaw mix, apple cheeks sliced thinly and chopped whole almonds. For a dressing I like a lemon-rich vinaigrette, but a mayonaise with lots of lime works just as well.

And that's it. How about you? Tell me what you're eating this week.

4 comments:

  1. What a great meal plan for the week! All the meals sound delicious!
    Oh and Happy Advance Birthday! ^.^/

    Naddy
    interestedinall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss L, can you pop your lemon roasted potatoes and lentil recipe somewhere mon amie? sounds delicious! For us tonight, it's fish and fennel pie, and as for the rest of the week, well that remains a mystery at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pink Patent Mary Janes. My first post so a big hello or should I say bonsoir? (That's one of the 5 or so French words I know.) Your menu sounds delicious. I've just enjoyed a bowl of pea & ham soup, which my husband made yesterday. I love to chat with the butcher and see what he has. Last week it was some lovely ham hocks... and... voila! Soup. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that coleslaw sounds delish! and simple :D
    happiest of shared birthdays to you on saturday! all the best peeps are celebrating their birthdays this week!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x