Monday, July 23, 2012

meal planning monday


Yikes, this day seems to come around so quickly! I have an extraordinarily busy week this week {I know, what's new?} so here's what we're eating.

Monday: It's got to be time for a meatloaf. Simply served with some boiled baby potatoes and green peas I think.

Tuesday: My daughter has an hour and a half of ballet today. Eep. So I'll make caramelised pork for our dinner tonight. Served with rice and wilted asian greens with garlic and soy sauce.

Wednesday: It's netball training and then I'm off to a screening of The Sapphires. Can't wait. So I have a window of an hour to serve dinner between getting home and going out again. Hello spaghetti bolognaise in the slowcooker.

Thursday: I have to go to Sydney for work, so I'll come home exhaustipated. Homemade pizzas made my husband and child I think. Chorizo, roasted capsicum and caramalised onion, bacon and cheese and a simple potato and rosemary will go down well.

Friday: We went to the BEST Christmas in July party last Saturday night. Not only was the company sublime, and the food and champagne absolutely fabulous, but I found out that all of my friends have as one of their family faves one of 'my' chicken recipes. I felt a bit crap that I don't cook enough of them myself. So it's time to revisit an old fave - Nigella's St Tropez chicken. Gorgeous chicken pieces marinated in rosé, honey and herbs including fresh lavender. This cooks to the most deliciously sticky glaze. Simply pop the chicken in a big zip-lock bag with a bottle of rosé, some honey, lime, garlic, olive oil and herbs de provence and marinated for 3 hours to overnight. Then it's taken out of the bag and tipped in a baking dish and baked slowly under alfoil for 1.5 hours, then the foil removed for the last 15 - 20 minutes to tan the skin deliciously. Mmmmm. Serve it with salad.

Saturday: We've decided that there are so many awesome restaurants in Newcastle we need to make an effort to get out and visit them regularly. So we shall on this night.

Sunday: Roast. And, especially for Little Miss Moi, it'll be slow-roasted lamb shoulder. With roasted vegies. I need to get my friends' Nat and Matt's recipe for the vegies served up at the Christmas In July dinner - they were delish (must also get the recipes for the turkey and our friend Pete's glazed ham. So Good!)

And that's it. Tell me what you're eating.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. how do you do it? Glad your xmas in july was fun! Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yummy yummy! Love the slow roasted lamb… something I just can't do in the tropics coz it's too hot :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to do it as a warm salad instead. I've also cooked it on the bbq and then served over a spinach and feta salad with a cold lentil salad on the side.

      Delete
  3. I have really got to start meal planning again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of that chicken. Will give it a go, when I get a chance!
    Your pizza toppings sound like what we have!
    Have a great week, wish I was going to Sapphires, but have 1st orientation meeting for Miss 4's school journey...feel like crying everytime I think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your orientation meeting went well - goodness your baby!

      You must make a trip to see The Sapphires - even better than the previews suggested.

      Delete
  5. yuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuum! that chicken recipe sounds delish! i'll be whipping that up next week for sure!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it went well - and that it wasn't the one you tweeted about! x

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x